Managing finances together as a couple can be challenging.
It's critical to your present and your future to have the "money talk." Approaching this conversation with honesty and transparency can help you get started on the right foot. Here's what you can do to start things off on the right foot... and as a team!
“Too many people spend money they earned… to buy things they don’t want… to impress people that they don’t like.” — Will Rogers
1. Set a date and time for a discussion aka a money date.
2. Be inclusive when speaking to your partner.
3. Listen carefully to your partner and avoid placing blame.
4. Start with shared values.
5. Look ahead (the next 1-3 months) with your shared goals.
6. Always celebrate your accomplished goals together.